Monday, November 07, 2005

Allison Goldfrapp

Tell me what live performances you attend and I'll tell who you are...



Ms. Goldfrapp, live at the Divino last Friday Posted by Picasa


What was a Porsche-driven and Loewe and Etro-dressed blogger of yours doing in an almost suburban Rock venue off Ermida del Campo, the honourable Reader might ask himself in disbelief?

Allison Goldfrapp is the simple answer. Yes, I had to struggle with roadworks that turn on-bord computer GPS instructions worthless.. yes, I had to endure sub-standard solomillo in a inner-city mall .. yes, I had to queue for almost one hour to get to the ticket booth.. But some democratic inconveniences have sometimes to be experienced if one wants to keep surfing...
The concert opened with "Utopia" from her inaugural CD "Felt Mountain" (2000) and it was pure bliss. Super-brain indeed..

It's a strange day
No colours or shapes
No sound in my head
I forget who I am
When I'm with you
There's no reason
There's no sense
I'm not supposed
To feel
I forget who I am
I forget
Fascist baby
Utopia, utopia
My dog needs new ears
Make his eyes
See forever
Make him live
Like me
Again and again
Fascist baby
Utopia, utopia
I'm wired to the world
That's how I know everything
I'm superbrain
That's how they made me
Fascist baby
Utopia, utopia

An unexpected beneficial side-effect of the rock concert was the considerable lowering of late- morning-sickness of a pregnant concert-goer who was standing near our group. As a matter of fact the passive smoking of 2-delta-tetra-hydro-cannabinol near the stage was staggering. The anti-nausea effects of the chemical molecule of grass are well reported in clinical medicine, and I dare say that a "porro" in the vicinity can help in unsuspected ways..

No comments: