Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Friedrich Nietschze

Can J. Littell write something new about barbaric evil?





I've started yesterday the reading job of the year. Jonathan Littell 's "Les Bienvéillantes". 894 pages. I'll kept the Right Honourable Reader posted about my progress in this task. First impressions ( three pages before Tymka's bath) are overwhelming. Last time I had this feeling of having "found" a tremendous perfectly mature new voice was when I first set my eyes on Houellebecq. Shell my gut reactions be proved right? Well, more about it at a later stage ...
(French-speaking readers might wish to go to http://passouline.blog.lemonde.fr/?name=2006_08_un_premier_roma to what Pierre Assouline has written about the "bienveillantes" in his blog La République des Livres.)

No comments: