Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Bruce Wayne

Super-Daddy Activities...
Posted by Hello
Gotham City, his bat-inhabitant and the "MID" building in Moscow
This week-end was a Batman double-whammy for me. I braved the raucous "circensis" masses at the Warner Bros. Park in the outskirts of the Ciudad, where I delighted in the roller-coasters and the bat-plane flight simulation; and I went to see with Fritz the Boy the latest cinematic installment ("Batman Begins").
The architecture of Gotham City in the first Batman films (Tim Burton's) was superb and I'm glad that what they replicated in a theme park has a bit of the feeling of the original. The best "Gotham City" building is of course the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation, in Moscow. Almost a ready-to-use set for chiropter's adventures...
I just wished there were less prominent warning signs about the risks of rollercoasting when you have heart disease, or backache, or neckpain... It makes those of us no longer teenagers slightly uncomfortable.. I had to say a eve-of-military-operation goodbye - including stressing how pleased I was to have met Frizt the Boy, and how honored I was of being his father - each time the safety belts were adjusted and the rolling started...

No comments: